Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Deuce parts, progress and 30th






Well, its been a while since I gave a decent post on here and reason being is that there has been so much on. First up - very good friends, Mike & Kathie Craig of Campbell CA, USA visited the Thursday before the Kumeu Hot Rod Festival. I first met them when I worked at Pro Topline back in 2002. They ran a Jr Fuel car back then with Kelly their daughter driving. Now they campaign a 5 second Nostalgia Top Fuel digger. Awesome people and we had such a fun day together. We first went for coffee at Deus Ex Machina - a funky little motorcycle shop in town with a cafe - great place!

The Friday of Kumeu was special as it was the estate garage sale of the late Ian Golder - a founding member of East Bay Rods with a penchant for '32 Fords. Four of us went along and didnt come away empty handed. I scored a firewall, 4pce hood, cowl vent and other bits and pieces for my roadster. It kinda made going up to Kumeu seem like a bit of a deflator (if there is such a word).

Saturday I fitted all my parts up and it was a real shot in the arm of enthusiasam. Then the next few days I worked on remounting the engine so that I could mount the column better with the big Bell wheel. This past weekend was a very special surprise 30th birthday at my parents and what a night it was. I got a set of SW gauges for the roadster and a voucher for Ian Goodwin Upholstery - it all blew me away. Even the cake - with the late Pete Dore roadster on it - the car I am patterning mine from.

2 comments: