Friday, February 12, 2010

Firestone Dirt Track Tyres






I love them!
I have been a huge fan of Firestone Dirt Track Tyres with their diamond cut tread pattern and their racing heritage they rate hugely on the smorgasboard of must have hot rod parts.

Lobeck ran them, as did Chapouris with Limefire, Jake, P'Wood and also Dennis Kyle among many and reading the magazines about these cars and the components used made for quite a desire.

So you can imagine the heart rate as I saw these ones today and got given them! WOW! Yes, they are hard and perished but even if they are mounted for a photo on my 32 - that fix will be cured!

1 comment:

  1. Never fear they are still runable. I have several friends running these old tires and my own car that has 1973 Firestone Indy tires on it and they are still going strong at almost 40 years old. Yours look as nice as mine did when I mounted them. Good luck and post some pics of it when you get it going.

    Regards,
    Bill Wilson
    Lee's Summit, MO
    'The Turnover T'

    ReplyDelete